Thursday, June 4, 2009

hooked on hip hop?

With a lot of music genre to listen to, I must admit that hip hop is something that cannot be simply taken aside. Look at the top selling albums on the music stores, most downloaded music in ITunes, all of them scream with one common denominator, most of them are hip hop albums. I do admit that I am carried with the hypnotizing charm of hip hop.

What makes hip hop. On my own view, hip hop is the music played at bars, parties. Its danceable beat will make someone that is timid and shy move it’s feet. Hip hop lovers are mostly teens and early 20’s, population is almost comprises by youth, then its no wonder that hip hop is the most favorite music genre.

As one of the smitten with hip hop music, listening to its lyrics, you will noticed that hip hop creates another language or I may say street slangs such as “nigga” and “shorty” are always present in a hip hop song.

Since fashion always come and go, there had been some point in time wherein wearing baggy pants and oversized tees accompanied by expensive sneakers and those extra thick accessories like necklace or grill or A gold/diamond plate that is molded for your teeth. Well this is not my fashion statement okay? J I am sure that established clothing companies earns a great deal with this.

Other facet that had been influenced by the hip hop culture is Hollywood. A movie such as “You’ve got served”, “Step up 1 and 2” tackles about hip hop and how it influences the youth. I have to admit this time though that I love these movies.

To name a few Hip hop artists like DMX, Kanye West, Pharrell Williams or simply Pharrell, Lil Wayne and Snoop Dog is among my favorites. Pharrell is hot; I guess that is one of the reasons why I am into hip hop.

Hip hop is part of today’s culture; in fact it becomes a lifestyle. Music unifies the world they say and I believe in that. It uniquely cut across almost every ethnic boundary from Americans, Africans, Whites, and Latinos down to Asians. Though hip hop has a reputation as the messenger of sex, violence and rebellion, patronizing them will be inevitable. The enduring popularity of hip hop had entirely charmed the youth.

To hip hop enthusiast out there, I included a review of hip hop albums released last year. Read and be informed. Hope that this post will help you decide if you are planning to buy one of the albums featured below. Happy listening and keep rocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment